Located in a peaceful hamlet in Arganchy, sheltered behind Sainte-Radegonde Church, away from the hustle and bustle of the city life and around 3 miles southwest of Bayeux, on the road to Saint-Lô,
discover a 18th century mansion house, located within a one-hectare wooded property, in front of which stretches a large 3-hectare meadow where some dairy cows are grazing.
In a peaceful surrounding, 9 miles south of Arromanches, Port-en-Bessin or Omaha Beach.
The property features 2 lovely outbuildings:
- The « Four à Pain » (« Bread Oven ») , a gîte for 2 persons
- The « Maison du Gardien » (« Lightkeeper's House ») , a gîte for 4 persons laid out in a farmhouse, next to the Church
In the Mansion:
- At ground floor : a gîte for 2 persons, fitted for persons with reduced mobility
- 1st floor features a gîte for 2 persons
Our choices regarding the restauration and the accomodation at MANOIR DE BEA
When we restaured the house, we did it the way we would have imagine it for ourselves, the way we expect an accomodation to be when we want to spend relaxing holidays:
- bioclimatic housing : hemp and wood wool insulation ; double-glazed windows ; 2 small treatment plants ; organic paint ; lime-renderings
- We respect the environment in the wooded park, for the shrub and flower beds, the meadows and the 2 ponds
- Tranquillity and cleanliness : no dogs, no smokers, no wi-fi (cable internet access)
- And last but not least : a high quality bedding
Our gîtes were labelled "4 épis" by Gîtes de France.
Arromanches is remembered as a historic place of landing, including the artificial harbor that was installed.
Eight kilometers long, is one of the five landing beaches of Normandy, where the Allies lost more troops.